Friday, December 4, 2015

PSAs and Passion Project Progression

This week has been pretty productive! Last week I reached out to the Gender Studies department at UNCC to look for a speaker, and the response I got was incredible! I had one of the professors email me, just to tell me about the importance of my project and how she was impressed by it, and that really meant a lot to me. I was able to find a speaker, and will be meeting with her in the next week or so, to discuss my plans, and intent with my project.
In class this week, we have been working on Public Service Announcements, and my group was assigned online safety, I think the video came out really well and I hope people get the message from it. They will be published next week, and so I will like the video to my blog. It was cool working with software such as iMovie and Garage Band more to create the project, and I am starting to feel more and more competent with the software.

I also am in the process of working on the video, and have finished interviews and I think the material I have will work really well.

This week I found a campaign and organization that I'm really interested in. The organization is called The Representation Project. They produced a couple of documentaries, including Miss Representation, a very popular movie on the representation of women in media, and how women view themselves as powerful from their beauty and sexuality rather than their ability to be a leader. Not only does the campaign work with women's portrayal, but they talk a lot about the mask that men wear to seem "manly" and "strong". Here are two videos by Representation Project!!!

The Mask You Live In (Trailer)

Demand Better Media in 2015

I recommend you check out those videos, and take a look at The Representation Project website at the link below!!

The Representation Project

Peace and Love!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment