Friday, January 8, 2016

Puppies and People

For an upcoming project in class, we are partnering with local organizations, to create promotional videos, to try and get more support and awareness for their causes. The organization I am working with personally is the Ada Jenkins Center. Ada Jenkins is a place where people of low incomes can go for health services, after school care, counseling, food and other various services. Yesterday, we went on a field trip to all of the organizations we are working with, and we took a tour of Ada Jenkins. I was shocked at how much they provide. I have worked with Ada Jenkins previously, and already knew a good bit about what they do, but it was cool to take a full tour and learn even more. I'm hoping in our video to really focus on the amount of services, and specifically I would like to focus on the "Two-Generational Learning" that they focus on. I am very excited to work with Ada Jenkins considering it is something I have grown up helping with, and is a big part of the community.

One of the other organizations we visited was the Cornelius Animal Shelter. This was a good way to lighten the day, but at the same time it broke my heart. One of the dogs there was called "Bam-Bam", and is part pitbull. He is 5 months old and as sweet as can be, and it breaks my heart that so many people would turn him down because of the pitbull in him. We were able to play with the dogs, and being very  much a dog person, this was the highlight of my day. While I was there I brought my camera, and I was able to get some really good pictures of the dogs. I am thinking about reaching out to the shelter and seeing if they would like any of the pictures to use for the adoption page or anything else. I will include some of the pictures below. I really hope that these dogs go to good families, considering they are absolute sweet hearts.

All in all, it was a very enlightening day, from seeing places where people go for hope, such as Ada Jenkins and I can't wait to work on this video!!






1 comment:

  1. I really like the pictures of the dogs. You should be a doggie photographer

    ReplyDelete